So, as you know I discovered my hands a few weeks ago. After studying them for many hours over the past few weeks and observing how the older babies and grown ups use their hands, I finally decided what they should be used for ... holding things!
I like to hold all kinds of things now. I usually just keep moving my hands and hope for the best when something is within reach. Sometimes I connect and sometimes I have to try again and again. It can get frustrating at times, but I just keep trying and trying and trying. When I do get hold of something, I like to put it in my mouth to see how it tastes.
I'm getting a lot better at this hand thing! Here are some more pictures of me holding/tasting things.
I see Mommy and Daddy drinking out of these cup things, so I thought I would try it.
"Helloooo! Anything in there???"
Now I can hold my book all by myself. This is a good book (but not as good as Green Eggs and Ham!)
P.S. This has nothing to do with hands or holding things, but I wanted to tell you ...
I have decided to use my voice as much as possible these days to make as much noise as I possibly can. Here is a video of the sound I made all day today. And by "all" day I mean ALLLLLLLLL day.
2 comments:
Congratulations on figuring out what you're supposed to do with your hands! You're a smart girl! I knew you would figure it out pretty quickly. Now, you just need to be careful about the things you put in you mouth. Mommy and Daddy will help you out with this I'm sure. :-)
Katie you are such a smart little girl. :) Walker misses you so much. He had a great time with you the other day and he's so glad you didn't know how to use your hands then...or you might would have squeezed him back!
Post a Comment