Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just to let you know....

This past weekend I went to White Water for the first time ... and the second time.  I had so much fun.  I learned how to say, "I go swimming."  I also discovered that I enjoy swimming in the bath tub.  I turn over on my belly and kick my legs and move my arms.  I even put my face under the water and try to blow bubbles.  So much fun!  There are no pictures of my first (or second) trip to White Water, because, well it's hard to take pictures there without getting your camera wet.  

But ... MORE IMPORTANTLY (and what I really wanted to say)....

This weekend, I went tee-tee on the potty for the first time EVER!!!  Mommy has been letting me sit on the potty every night before my bath for months now.  I have never done anything before.  I normally sit there for a couple seconds, then say, "Bubbles.  Bath!"  Then, she lets me jump into my bubble bath (where I go swimming and have a super fun time!).  But, this time I actually went potty!  Then a party ensued.  We screamed for Daddy to tell him the good news.  Then, more partying and singing, and yelling.  By they way, you should know that I really enjoy saying, "Woo-hoo!" lately.  Mommy and I both love to say, "Woo-hoo!"  whenever anything exciting happens.  I guess you could say it's our thing. :)

So, it was a great long weekend.  Fun times with Grammy, Grampa, Uncle Thomas, Aunt Katherine, and Uncle Matthew at the beginning of the weekend, swimming later in the weekend, and a super fun potty experience (though I did find it kind of scary at the exact moment).  

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOT WOOT!! YAY KATIE!! That's so awesome! (About both White Water and the potty!) You're such a big girl!

Nicole Roberts said...

Yay, potty girl!! (I am so behind on your blog!) Walker loves swimming in the tub the exact same way you do. The next time you come to our house, you can swim in it together and we'll take lots of pics. :)