Wednesday, February 11, 2009

11 Months Old!

I am 11 months old today!

  I have had a great month.  This month I have played a lot and learned a lot.  I have visited friends, gone to the park, seen a snow flurry, and much more!  It was a cold month, and I actually had to wear a coat for most of it whenever I went outside!  But, in the past week or so, it has really warmed up and we have even gotten to play outside a little bit.  I've even gotten to ride around the neighborhood in my wagon!


Playing:
The theme of this month has definitely been talking on the phone!  I talk on the phone ALL the time.  It doesn't even have to be the phone!  I talk on the remote control, a shoe, a block, my hand, really anything I can hold up to my ear.  I just love to say, "Heh-wo!"  When Daddy calls home after work, I always make Mommy give me the phone so I can talk to him.  


Talking:
The words I have been saying this month are:
"HI!"  (Yesterday I was out with Daddy and I yelled out "Hi!" to every person who walked past us!)
"Heh-wo" (If I'm not saying "hi," then chances are I'm saying "heh-wo!") 
"Bah-ul" (you know this as a "bottle")
"Mmm-mmm-mm" (Whenever I know I'm going to get some yummy food I start saying this)
"No" (I toyed with "no" for a day after I played with Walker, but really haven't said it other than that one day - I know there will be plenty of time for "No" in the future!)
"Hi" (did I mention I love to say this word ALL the time?)
"Doo-doo!" (see video in post from January 26th)
I still say most of the words that I was saying at 10 months and 9 months, also. 


Walking:  
I am still not walking yet.  But I am getting closer!  I stand up everywhere.  I don't really need to hold on to anything anymore, but I still do.  I am not too extremely interested in standing and walking.  It's easier just to crawl places, then hold on to something to stand up.  Mommy and Daddy have been working with me on this.  They hold my hands and help me walk all over the place.  BUT...I'm just not ready yet!

Here are some pictures from the park last weekend:


See you next month for a VERY important monthly update!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just get more and more adorable every day!

Nicole Roberts said...

Katie, don't tell your mommy "no." It's rude! :) I loved your update, as always...

Anonymous said...

LOL! I'm ready to put your number in my Blackberry! BTW...texting can't be far behind! OMG!