Friday, July 11, 2008

Four Months Old!


Today I am four months old! I am really growing up fast. Not only have I grown in size (I'm wearing 6-9 month clothes now), but I have also matured a lot this month. I can entertain myself for several minutes at a time. My favorite time to do this is in the morning when I wake up. Back when I was younger, I used to wake up and cry in the mornings so that someone would pay attention to me without delay. Now that I'm older :) and more mature, I wake up happy and talk to myself for 5-15 minutes before I yell for Mommy to come get me. I think she stands on the other side of the door, eavesdropping, because once I call for her she's there in less than a second (mommies are sneaky, you have to watch out for them!).

I've also acted a lot more grown up about getting buckled into my car seat. I'm not saying it's my favorite ... let's just say I've gotten in there at least 3 times without crying (if you've seen this process at all you know that's a big deal for me). Oh! Did I mention that I moved to my own bed in my own room this month?! This is more of an accomplishment for Mommy than it is for me, but I'll humor her.

This month I have learned how to coordinate my hand movements even more, and can grab things and actually hold onto them with the intent to put them directly in my mouth. I have also noticed my feet. Who knew there were even more fun appendages to play with! I have even tried to grab a foot every once in a while and bring it toward my mouth, but I haven't been too successful with this so far.

During my fourth month, I experienced my first Tugaloo, my first 4th of July, my first baby play dates, my first putt-putt game, and much much more. I can't believe how much stuff there is to learn and do. During my 5th month, I will start daycare and make even more new baby friends. So keep checking back in for more updates. It's going to be another great month!


Getting ready for bed in my own room


Some bath time fun



Tricked into a nap on my 4 month birthday!?!
(oh, I didn't mention that I still hate naps, did I?)


Resting with Grampa after a challenging game of putt-putt at Tugaloo

2 comments:

Nicole Roberts said...

Katie you are becoming such a big girl. :) You are soooo cute!! Aunt Cole loves you!

Anonymous said...

Look at you! In your own room now! Congratulations! (And congrats to Mommy, too.) I'm excited to see you today!