Well, I went to the doctor today for my four month check up. Once again I had to get four shots. I did a good job and barely cried at all (just a little scream when I realized that I was poked). I think I saw a couple tears in Mommy's eyes though.
They measured me and weighed me and poked me just like the last time I went to the doctor. I knew I was growing a lot, but I found out today that I really AM a big girl! I now weigh 18 pounds, 9 ounces. This puts me in the 100th percentile. Yes, that's right, I said 100th percentile. I bet you didn't even think that was possible! But, you know me ... I'm an overachiever!
I am 25.5 inches tall (89th percentile) and my brain is growing with how smart I'm becoming so that my head is now 17 inches in circumference. That puts my head in the 94th percentile.
The doctor said all looks good and I seem to be healthy, so I will go back in September for my 6th month visit. He also said I could start eating solids between now and then if I want to. I think I might try out some rice cereal soon and see how that goes. I can make some pretty funny faces when something unfamiliar-tasting gets in my mouth, so it should be entertaining for Mommy and Daddy when I try out some new foods!
Aunt Kat got to come with me to the doctor, so afterwards we went to Wal-mart and then out to eat lunch. Today is her wedding anniversary, so I was lucky that she chose to spend some of her special day with me! (Happy Anniversary Aunt Kat and Uncle Matthew!)
After eating lunch, Aunt Kat had to go home and get ready for her big date. Mommy and I had a couple more errands to run, then we came home. I was SO exhausted from all the excitement of the day/getting shots in my poor little legs, so I fell asleep right when we got home.
Mommy thought maybe this might mean she would get some time to be productive, but she underestimates me! I was awake again within 20 minutes! Gotta keep Mommy on her toes, even after a busy morning!
(P.S. Happy Birthday, Pop!)
2 comments:
Holy Cow. She weighed a pound less than Walker did at his 9 month appointment!
As always, she's the cutest little thing...
WOW!! You really are a big girl! But, don't you dare think that's a bad thing. The doctor says you're healthy and let's face it, we all know you're BEAUTIFUL! Solid foods?! You're growing up so fast!
Post a Comment