'Twas the Monday before Christmas when I went to Grammy and Grampa's house.
I rode on a bike that was a giraffe, not a mouse.
Soon I came home to celebrate Christmas Eve night.
We went to church, then to visit my Grandma's.
Later we came home and I opened a present - pajamas!
A kitchen, a car, a baby doll, and Tag, Jr. that reads to me.
Some books, Elmo, and play-doh all left under the tree.
I oohed, I aahed, and squealed with delight.
Toys to the left, and toys to the right!
I took my time and tried to play with each one.
I climbed in my car and tried to bring with me all the fun.
I worked in my kitchen to cook some good food.
I wore my chef's apron and hat. Don't I look ... good?
I played and I played as the morning went by.
I even worked on my computer from a favorite show - Super Why!
Later that morning my grandparents came to see,
All of the fun that was left under my tree.
After a while it was time to go in the car,
To Honey and Pop's house ... it wasn't too far.
We ate lunch and then I got even more new toys.
Then I played with my shopping cart, ate pretend food, tried on clothes and made lots of noise.
Honey and Pop gave me a new tricycle, shiny and bright.
I got on to try it out but my face showed my fright.
We ate lunch, opened presents, and played lots of games.
This family really is as fun as everyone claims!
Later I played dress up with Kerry's new rockstar dress and wig.
I held up the microphone, sang, and did a little jig.
We played outside even though it was cold.
We love to play football in the middle of the road.
I didn't play football, I just drove my car up and back.
Don't worry, I didn't go far ... I stayed in the cul-de-sac.
On Sunday, the Duncan family came over to have waffles and open presents again.
I got to spend time with Grammy, Grampa, Thomas, Mama Thelma, Matthew, and Katherine.
Daddy and Matthew got busy with a toy to build.
It was a station to take care of my babies (about which I was thrilled)!
What do you do when all the presents are gone?
You play in a box from which a present was withdrawn!
Aunt Katherine and I played in a box (with my baby of course!)
Who knew that an empty box could be such an excitement-source!
I've told all that I have to tell about my Christmas week.
I hope that you don't think from my poem I am a geek...
4 comments:
This is adorable! I love the poem!
Ha. Good work! I like how my name rhymes with again. I am very impressed with your poem writing skills...how long did it take?
This is the cutest thing I have ever read in my life. You aren't a geek-you are VERY talented and brilliant, just like your mom!!!
Katie, Never worry...not ever...about being a geek...
That's really not a problem...
At least not this week!
For, alas, dear child, geekiness does pervade the family a bit...
But it's quite good to know that we All kind of like it!
It's quite good when in need to have friendly GearHeads around
To keep things in order when
They do get run down.
So fear not your fate
But Join us in Joy...
For Thankful we are for
Every family Geek Girl and Boy
That can unwrap and assemble
Each brand new toy.
We won't name the names...
Oh, no, we will not,
For those of us who are Geeks without skills would not
Like that a lot.
Let's just say that we all love you
All labels aside...
It's your Katieness we adore,
And that we ALL say with much pride.
So enough of this lame poem...
Mommy did so much better!
Let's move on to a Wonderful New Year...
And SO many more together!
We LOVE you, Angel Girl!!! :}
Post a Comment