Friday, June 5, 2009

Fun at the Beach!

Mommy and I went to the beach this week with Aunt Katherine.  
We all had so much fun!  
Here are some pictures from our trip:


When we arrived the first night we took a walk on the beach.  
 


This was my first time walking on the beach with my toes in the sand.
It was not so bad ... until I fell down and the sand stuck to my feet AND hands.



Walking to the water with Mommy.
I loved the water almost as much as I hated the sand.



Day 2:  Getting ready to spend the day at the beach!



The wagon's all packed up and we're ready to go!



This was my facial expression the whole time I was walking in the sand.  
(See video at the end of this post.)  
"Yuck!"



This is how I wanted to spend all my time at the beach ... in my mommy's arms.  
As long as I was "up up" my feet and hands could stay clean!




The pool was lots of fun.  
It was a little cold, but I loved zooming around in the water and splashing.




Day 3:  We found a solution so that I didn't have to touch the sand. 
 I got all my toys together and played inside my tent.  
You can see I was eating some "gol-go" (my new word for goldfish) when this picture was taken.
I could still feel the cool breeze and see all the people and birds, but no yucky sticky sand!



Another picture of me relaxing in my tent.




I also really enjoyed going for rides in my wagon on the beach.  
Mommy pulled the wagon for miles (well it seemed like miles to Mommy and me)!



Here I am about to fall asleep on one of those wagon rides.



I even liked to play in my wagon while it was parked.  
I put these sunglasses on all by myself!



My very most favorite thing to do was to stand in the water and kick the waves.  I especially liked it when Mommy or Aunt Katherine would pick me up and help me jump over the waves!



See the shirt?  I was definitely the "Beach Babe."  
All that playing on the beach makes a girl very hungry ...



... And very tired.




On Tuesday night we decided to go pick up some pizza for dinner.  It was the only time we got in the car other than when we arrived and when we left to come home.  Mommy said she just had to take this picture of me because I was acting so grown up ... carrying my purse, talking on my cell phone and talking to the people like I was placing an order!  I had fun (even though we had to wait FORTY minutes for our pizza!)



Here's a video of me walking on the beach:




And when I fell down:



Mommy and Aunt Katherine love this next video.  
I was walking along, then I point at the man running in the other direction.
I turn around and follow him until I realize that I won't catch him, so I just give up.  Ha!




We were sad when it was time to leave.  
Mommy was a little worried about the drive because it was just the two of us (Aunt Katherine was staying for the rest of the week).  But I did AWESOME on the drive home.  We did not stop at all.  For the first hour I stayed awake and talked to Mommy.  Then, I slept for 2.5 hours.  When I woke up, I was in a great mood.  I talked to Mommy, my toys, and trucks passing by on the road for the last 1.5 hours.  I never even whined one time.  What a great trip!

3 comments:

Nicole Roberts said...

It looks like you had a great time at the beach! You and Walker and your mommies should go to the beach sometime this summer. :) You are getting so grown up, I can't believe it!

Jenny said...

I enjoyed reading about your trip and watching your videos! :) Ava is very excited about her 1st trip to the beach at the end of the month.

Anonymous said...

Man! I wish we could have gone to the beach with you. It's kind of cold up here in Minnesota. they say it's 20 degrees colder than it normally is this time of year. (It was 50-55 degrees today and the wind kept blowing! BRRR!)

I totally understand you not wanting to get sand all over you. That is my least favorite part of going to the beach, too. You look super fabulous in all you beach-wear though. :-)

I LOVE YOU!