Saturday, May 2, 2009

Zoo and Stuff


Okay, okay, I know it's been too long since I last updated the blog!  I have just been SO busy playing and walking and getting into things that I just haven't had time lately!  So, here is a quick update for you ...



We went to Augusta the weekend after Easter to have our Duncan Spring Birthday/Easter celebration.  I got to hunt eggs again (ok ... just find them lying on top of the grass).  I loved to stop and eat all the yogurt melts out of one egg before moving on to the next egg!  Daddy and I had lots of fun playing the Up-up game!

This is my new chair.  I LOVE to sit in any/all rocking chairs.  Especially ones my own size.  Now I have one upstairs and one downstairs, because Mommy and Daddy ordered one online before they knew that I already owned one (from Pop and Honey).


This was our back deck a couple of Thursdays ago.  We had a BAD storm.  Well, that's what they tell me anyway.   I slept through the whole thing (loud rain, hail beating on the roof and windows, tornado sirens going off, ALL of it).


I have been walking a lot.  Mommy and Daddy have opened up the downstairs so I have more space to walk around and explore (get into things I'm not supposed to).  They put my play yard gate up in front of the stairs.  It keeps me off the stairs ... sometimes.  I was looking for a good walking video of myself, but I couldn't find one that was much better than the last one I posted. So, I will keep looking...


This morning I was trying to help Mommy bake cinnamon rolls (see my oven mitt?), but the gate was blocking me out of the kitchen!


We decided to go to the zoo today on a whim!  It's free the first weekend of the month for Mommy and Daddy (and I'm free already) so we decided to just go!  The weather was perfect - it just started to rain lightly as we were leaving around 3:00.  

It was a lot of fun, but one scary thing happened.  A lady lost her son and was running around screaming his name.  Mommy ran off to try to help her look for him while Daddy and I looked around near the playground where he disappeared.  The lady found her son (named Thomas) eventually, but Mommy was pretty upset.  She said it's because that is one of every mommy's worst fears/nightmares.  She made me promise to never hide from her or go away from her in public places, and I agreed.  But I think she might need to remind me again when I'm older.

Here are some pictures from our Zoo Trip:

Daddy and me with the elephants




Mommy's favorite exhibit was the gorillas.  They were so funny.  
The little ones were so playful and the parents were so calm and relaxed.  


This baby was sunbathing on top of the rock.



Daddy and I rode the train.  It was SO fun!  
I loved seeing the kangaroos from the train.


Mommy and I rode the carousel.  
I thought it would be fun, but it turned out to be kind of scary!
Maybe I will like it more when I'm older.

It was a fun day.  

I will try to update with a new walking video soon.  I have been walking EVERYWHERE.  I start off walking more than I crawl, but I still end up crawling over longer distances.  I am much faster that way.  Okay, gotta go to bed.  More later!

3 comments:

headintheclouds said...

awww is that some new hairdo i see? yay for long hair!!! :)

Nicole Roberts said...

SO cute! I am glad y'all went to the zoo. We talked about going as well but just wound up playing in our "jungle"...aka, backyard. :)

Pop! said...

What a fun time for you, Mommy & Daddy! The Zoo is a great place and I am so pleased that you had a good time.
Love,
Pop!