Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Freedom!!!

So, usually when Mommy and I get home in the afternoons, she lets me play in my little "safe zone" that is fenced off in the living room.  She leaves the front door open and walks Maggie in the front yard while I play.  The other day I decided that I wanted to go outside for a little walk, too.  I waited for Mommy and Maggie to go outside, then I found the weak spot in my little fence.  I broke out and started crawling for the door.




Mommy was very surprised when she turned around to see this:
My freedom was sweet while it lasted.  :)


And some other stuff:




Here's a picture of bath time ... fun bubbles!



I have been playing with my baby dolls and stroller a lot lately.  One day I decided that I should try to get in the stroller.  I don't really fit (in case you were wondering - see below).


And, finally in other news ... Friday was my last day at the Goddard School.  I am going to miss them SOOO much (especially Mrs. Brittany).  I started going to Mrs. Marilise's house on Monday.  It's only been 3 days, but I already know that I am going to love it there!!!  

Yesterday when Mommy picked me up in the afternoon I was pointing to everything in Mrs. Marilise's house and showing it all to Mommy.  Today when Mommy picked me up, I didn't want to go home.  I squirmed and tried to push off of her, and screamed all the way to the car.  I play with fun toys there.  I have new friends there.  I eat yummy food for lunch and breakfast that I have never even tasted before (like cinnamon toast!).  I even take real naps there.  I took a nap today that lasted an hour and 45 minutes (that never happened at daycare)!

Here I am with Mrs. Brittany on my last day at school:  

P.S. This morning I took some more steps ... I stepped with the same foot every time, but I didn't fall down, so that's progress, right?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh! Looks like we have an escape artist in the family!

I'm glad you're having fun at your new daycare place. :-)

honey :} said...

You are so right, Katie, 'cause staying in the safe place can sometimes be just WAY too predictable. Looks like you are going to love big adventure all your life. Since there's SO much to see and learn about in this great life, we gotta start early, huh? You just might end up needing knee pads and a helmet a lot earlier than we would have thought... :}